Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Everything Else

This blog has become overwhelmed by the US presidential election. I suppose that is natural but I thought it necessary to chime in on a few other things in the news.
  • Albertans are off to the polls in March. I really hope for the sake of democracy that someone other than the Conservatives win. However, hopes for a right wing split have been hurt by news that the newly merged Wildrose Alliance Party is having serious issues. What serious issues? Well, the president resigning on the eve of an election call is not a good sign.
  • Of course, the call of the Alberta election means that the federal election is postponed until the vote is done. Still could be looking at a spring election.
  • Toronto appears to have a balanced budget for the first time in recent memory. Yes, it involves a massive tax hike but at least its balanced.
  • Can't put down the PS3 guys? Well, apparently you're hardwired that way.
  • Okay, I know I said this wasn't going to be about the US election and this sort of isn't. But, wouldn't it be nice if we could get the boost in voter turnout that they are seeing in the US primaries? If you say it's because some of the primaries are proportional, I may scream. I mean I wish we could have candidates that actually get young people to the polls.
  • I love this political cartoon in The Star.
  • I know it has gone under the radar a bit, but John Tory is still fighting for his political life. He also still doesn't have a seat in the legislature.
Either later tonight or tomorrow I will post a Super Tuesday post mortem. I've considered live blogging it but honestly I don't see the appeal of live blogging. Have you ever gone back and read those posts? They are boring as white bread with the crusts cut off. Hindsight is 20/20 and I intend to take advantage of it.

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are those of the author and the author alone. They do not represent the views of any organization, regardless of the author's involvement in any organizations.

All comments are the views of the individual writer. The administrator reserves the right to remove commentary which is offensive.

The author is not responsible for nor does he support any of the advertisements displayed on the page